Saturday, January 15, 2011

One month anniversary - thoughts on socializing/networking

Today completes a month of being in our new location. I am so grateful and amazed at life. I believe more and more everyday, in the importance of being a life learner and open to new people and new experiences. But also to cherish those people and experiences that are already dear to us. There is a balance, as there is in almost everything, between living in the present day, but also remembering where we came from and recognizing how those experiences have shaped who we are today. For our experiences today of course, will be those memories of the past. They are the same, only change with time from one thing into the other.

In seven days I will see friends I haven’t seen in almost ten years. I believe that seeing them again will renew our devotion to one another and develop our friendship, once again changing and shaping our lives and how we grow as people. After they leave, we will have a string of visitors from both the United States and Brazil, and from various circles of friends we have been blessed with. I am so grateful for the opportunity to spend time with these important people again, and further our friendships. I’m sure our lives will continue to cross paths with beautiful people, and I am excited for each new day!

This foundation of relationship and the fruit that comes out of developing relationships is what business people recognize and call networking, and possibly what party goers call socializing. While young people are often scolded for doing too much of it, socializing is a skill that can change our lives beyond imagination. Now to encourage our youth to socialize and work together in community with others, to value each relationship as an opportunity to learn and to grow, and to move forward with this skill in a healthy manner to a productive life.

This is what I hope to teach my children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment